Step by Step change of name Procedure
The change of name procedure for passport is simple and involves only 2 steps:
a) Deed-poll Affidavit OR b) Gazette Notification
A) Deedpoll Affidavit : A deed-poll affidavit is basically a Notarized affidavit which can be procured from an Advocate or from any notary center.
- Just approach any advocate or a Notary center close to your locality.
- Request them to make an Annexure “E” Affidavit / Deed-poll affidavit (they have the format ready)
- Provide them with the requested documents like Address Proof etc.
- Time required approx : 1-2 hrs
- If you wish to do it on your own. kindly refer to this site http://www.changeofnameads.com/name-change-format/ copy the matter on a 100/- stamp paper and get it notarized on your own.
After making the Affidavit If you wish to book change of name ads than Kindly click the destinations from the below mentioned cities
- Create your log in ID.
- Click Tatkal & Fill in the Application Form.
- Kindly provide necessary proofs like Pan card, Passport, Aadhar, Light Bill,etc.
- Make payment online.
- Copies can be downloaded by clicking here after few days as it would be available in the PDF format
- If you are still facing problems. Try Helpline at 022-61316400 do note this is a government helpline it will take some time to get connected, but your queries shall be solved.
We do Tatkal booking for name change in Gazette, the charges for which are 1100/- (Includes FREE CHANGE OF NAME ADS in 2 Newspapers). Time duration : 15-20 days. 2 phsical copies of Gazette are couriered to you and a Pdf file is emailed across to you so that it stays with you forever.
Once you receive the gazette copy You may need to publish the name change ad in the newspaper, the cost of which is 350/- for 2 newspapers. You may click here for more details.